Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My NEW Springfield Armory XD(M)

Springfield 16 + 1 40S&W XD M Factor Pistol w/4.5" Barrel/Black Finish 




After much research, thought, and careful consideration, I finally ended up buying the new Springfield XD(M) 40S&W Black, and honestly couldn't be happier.

I've grown up around revolvers, but this was my first semi-automatic hand pistol. I spent two months researching almost every type of gun you can imagine, but my problem was that I didn't have a lot of money to spend on a new gun. I've been to the range a few times and tried out TONS of different firearms, but just wasn't happy with any particular gun. 

I LOVE the 1911 models, but unless you spend about $1,000 you can't get a decent one. I thought about the Taurus PT1911, but with their track record I wasn't too sure. I heard a lot of good reviews, but I wanted something completely solid and reliable for my first purchase, as well as easy to take care of and clean.

Most people told me to go with Glock or HK USP. I knew that Glock's were probably the most reliable option, but I hated the way they looked. My only complaint about a new HK was that I couldn't stand the mag release, but I found that using my middle finger to push it was a lot easier than having to shift my grip and use my thumb or pointer finger. I also couldn't really spend $850 on a new HK USP 45. 

So my options were pretty limited, but with the way the economy is and the new gun laws they're most likely going to pass in the next year, I wanted to get one as soon as possible. 

Buying the new Springfield Armory XD(M) was definitely a solid move. I really wanted my first semi-auto gun to be reliable, easy to maintain, good looking, and have the backing of a solid company with great customer service. Not only that but with all the extra's they offer, I couldn't really pass it up. Here are the specs for the new Springfield XD(M):


SPECIFICATIONS:
Mfg Item Num: XDM9202HCSP 
Type: Pistol
Action: Double Action Only
Caliber: 9mm or 40 S&W
Barrel Length: 4.5"
Capacity:  19 + 1 (9mm) or 16 + 1 (40S&W)
Safety: Grip safety
Grips: Polymer
Sights: Dovetail Front and Rear 3-Dot
Weight: 32 oz
Finish: Black or BiTone

What you get with your purchase:

- XD(M) Hand Gun
- 2 Magazine Clips (plus 2 more if order by 1/15/09)
- Mag Loader
- Belt Holster
- Wirebrush and Lock


If you hurry and purchase by January 15th, 2009, you'll also receive 2 FREE clips for a total of four! It's such a good deal, which is another reason why I decided to go with the new Springfield XD(M).

Unfortunately this gun isn't made in a .45 caliber yet, or sub-compact/compact models, but the full size is great and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I'm going to give a full review in my next post, but if you just can't wait...



No comments:

Post a Comment